The Parks Department has come to us and asked how we feel about the Fort Independence Park being closed after dark. For some time the gates on both ends of the park have been locked after the park closes, which is usually after dusk.
There are people that are sitting on both sides of the fence (pun intended), some want the park closed and some want it open. What are your feelings?
Here are some points to ponder:
- Safer as nobody should be in park
- Eliminates needed patrol by police
- No noise – park is closed
- Possible bad behavior as police can’t gain admittance
- Place for people to go when hot in the evening
- Police needed to patrol through park
- Noise from basketball courts
- People hanging out late
- Security issue late at night (recent robbery/assault)
We would love to hear your thoughts on the matter, please feel free to comment below.